Ah, yes, the age-old question. What is SEO? Let’s break it down.
Search Engine Optimization is the beautiful art of making your business show up at the top of the organic results on the SERP (Search Engine Results Page). SEO is an important part of any effective digital marketing campaign. We have a lot of factors to work within a full campaign, but SEO is intertwined with most of the other marketing channels that we use.
Google works with an algorithm called Hummingbird. This algorithm’s main goal is to look at the information of the world and sort them by finding relevant results to search queries. A keyword is typed into the search engine, this is where the magic starts. Google has crawl bots/spiders that search millions of websites in milliseconds. It then separates the relevant and the not-so-relevant content from each other and starts indexing the results into a page that we call the SERP. There are 63000+ searches done through Google every second, what a crazy world we live in.
We do Technical SEO (XML Sitemaps, Code compression, Meta tags, etc.), On-page optimization (This is all about the content on your site) and finally, we do Off-page optimization, which mostly consists of building backlinks(making sure your site links to other valuable sites). The algorithm keeps on moving and changing, that’s why we learn every single day, but that’s okay because we love what we do.
SEO is an investment and on average results can only be seen between 4 – 6 months, thus it takes persistence, patience, and vision. Luckily, the investment gives back tenfold, because 70% of all searches are still organic/free SEO search results. The other 30% is paid search, which is the paid version of SEO. It’s not ideal on the long-term, but it’s a great tool to break into the market, more about paid search in another blog.
Feel free to contact us if you need any help with your SEO, we’d love to get your website to the top.